QUOTIENT Ser Cymru Fellowship announced.
A second Fellowship has been announced for the QUOTIENT Research Cluster. The successful candidate will be based at Swansea University and will be required to use and develop computational tools to model the performance of tidal stream turbines, with particular emphasis on turbine arrays. This work will require close collaboration with research partners at Bangor University and Cardiff University. The research officer will also be required to write and publish ISI peer-reviewed journal papers, to contribute to grant applications, and to deliver STEM outreach activities.
The aim of this document is to provide an over-arching job description clarifying for researchers at Swansea University in broad terms what is expected of them and what they are expected to do. It includes, but is not limited to, the areas outlined below:
- To use and develop computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tools to investigate how tidal stream turbine performance is affected by variations in free-stream flow conditions.
- To use CFD to investigate how tidal stream turbine performance is affected by upstream obstructions, particularly in the context of turbine arrays.
- To collaborate with research partners at Bangor University and Cardiff University.
- To write journal papers for submission in ISI-accredited peer-reviewed journals.
- To prepare and submit grant proposals to RCUK or EU funding sources.
- To deliver STEM outreach activities to non-specialist audiences including schools.
This is a fixed term position from 1st April 2015 to 30th November 2018 and the salary will be on the Grade 8 salary scale for Research Staff together with USS benefits.
The closing date for applications is 12 March 2015
Further details on the post and how to apply can be found here.
Publication date: 12 February 2015