NRN-LCEE Policy Engagement workshop
The Sêr Cymru National Research Network for Low Carbon, Energy and Environment (NRN-LCEE) is organising a workshop on Policy Engagement, held on 21 June at the SSE Swalec Stadium in Cardiff (11.30-16.30).
The event will see speakers experienced in stakeholder engagement and policy making present case studies that highlight examples of good practice in: Translating research into policy/ knowledge exchange/ understanding evidence needs/ policy processes & evaluation/ working with Government/ identifying stakeholders/ how to engage policy makers/ etc.
We are delighted to have the following confirmed speakers for the event:
- Henry Burgess, Head of the Arctic Office, Natural Environment Research Council
Connecting science and policy: An Arctic perspective
- Louise Edwards, Hub Manager for the Academia Europaea Cardiff Knowledge Hub
Policymaking in Europe: the new Scientific Advice Mechanism and the role played by Wales
- Bridget Emmett, Head of Site, Centre of Ecology & Hydrology Bangor
Benefits of understanding and engaging with evidence needs: An academic’s perspective
- Kathryn Monk, Principal Adviser for Science, Natural Resources Wales
Integrated solutions for multiple benefits: Developing SoNaRR as the evidence base for a sustainable Wales
- Graham Winter, Service Development Adviser, Research Service National Assembly for Wales
How does research get into the National Assembly for Wales?
For abstracts and further details on our speakers please visit:
This event is free to attend but pre-registration is mandatory.
Lunch and refreshments during the day will be provided, but attendees should make their own travel arrangements.
Because of the limited space available, we urge you to register as soon as possible.